Thursday, September 6, 2007

Yay for free sandwiches!

I just went to Subway and was absolutely delighted to find out the Sub Club program is still going on up here! I remember when I saw it was being discontinued in Florida and I wanted to, well, not cry, but I was calculating how many free sandwiches I would be missing out on.

One of the great things about living in New York is the exposure to so much advertising (I'm specifically targeting TV here), almost to the point of oversaturation. Everyday I see at least one Pushing Daisies advertisement and I remember being in a train car twice with Justin Timberlake's HBO special plastering every board in the car. Even though I had absolutely no idea what Pushing Daisies was about, the fact that I saw it over and over made me want to know why I should watch this show. So, hat's off to you advertisers and your elusive billboards that make me want to research your shows.

In other news, the apartment is clean and ready to be moved into, except for the painting. At this point, Ali and I might as well move in and take the painting one weekend at a time or else we'll be paying rent on a vacant apartment for who knows how long. Her dad was up for the weekend and he really liked it. We went to Target and cleaned the place out; more than it already was!

Apparently I am not very bright either. For the past week in Bryant Park (one block from my office) there have been big cables lying on the sidewalk and it looked like a shoot was going on there. Oh, no. It's New York Fashion Week and I never put two and two together. I knew it was Fashion Week yet I never thought, "Oh! All these cables are for the runway shows." Silly, Allison. There are probably 539,482,048,203,948 celebrities one block away from me and I have yet to see one (knowingly).

No comments: