Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My Top Ten(s)

I was thinking about all these, figured I would share.

Top Ten:

Things I miss about Florida:
1. Family
2. Friends
3. UF
4. Being able to drive places
5. Publix
6. The weather (I would assume, once it gets to freezing temperatures here)
7. Central A/C (or any at all!)
8. Places like Moes, McAlister's, Chick-Fil-A, to name a few, don't exist up here
9. Apartment hunting is a breeze
10. Tampa


Things I Don't Miss About Florida:
1. The weather (when it gets to be that 100% humidity and extremely hot temperature)
2. Rain everyday in the summer at 2 or 3 PM (at least you can prepare!).
3. Not always a lot to do there (or it seemed that way)
4. Impending sprawl that is slowly but surely creeping into Lutz
5. I guess that's it...
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

Things I Would Miss About New York:
1. The diversity and availability of everything (and diversity of people to meet)
2. Paying only $76 per month for my transportation
3. The view (Central Park, Bryant Park, Westside Park, Battery Park, Times Square)
4. Having to walk so much (good exercise!)
5. Broadway is steps away from my office
6. Things get released here earlier (magazines, movies)
7. The shopping (that I haven't had a chance to partake in)
8. Everyone can go out and no one needs to worry about driving and/or how we're getting home later
9. My job
10. Being able to do my own thing walking down the street and no one cares because they're doing their own thing

Things I Wouldn't Miss About New York:
1. Times Square
2. Having to commute so far to work (actually not so bad anymore since I've moved)
3. The traffic (both foot and automobile)
4. Having to walk so much (trying to go from one store to another can be a daunting task)
5. It's expensive
6. It's crowded (read: on the train)
7. The trash that seems to be everywhere
8. Not being able to call people on my commute to and/or from work
9. The train not always having a direct route somewhere
10. Being far from Florida/family/friends

Reasons I Know I'm An Adult Now:
1. I have a job
2. I have benefits
3. I have a 401K
4. I am awake by 7 AM during the week
5. Around 10 PM I get tired and consider going to bed
6. I look forward to every other Friday
7. On the weekends, "sleeping in" means 9 or 10 AM
8. I have to file my taxes as head of household
9. I have to worry about my taxes
10. I have to worry about rush hour traffic

Actually, doesn't that just make me sound like an attractive candidate for dating?

No comments: