Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Why Does It Say Paper Jam When There Is No Paper Jam?!?!"

You know, Office Space has always been a classic movie that I've enjoyed thoroughly, but now that I have a job, some of that stuff is even more hilarious. I can't really relate to all of it except the IT problems they have, specifically with the printer. We have a new fax and printer on the way (woo hoo!), but I can feel their pain when they want to take the thing out back and beat it with a hammer/baseball bat/anything that will cause damage. Maybe that will show it!

Today was a nice busy day, which was a good contrast to yesterday. Most of today was really just figuring out small IT problems. Fix them now and they won't be bigger issues later. I seriously think there should be a show just about me trying to fax things. Sadly, the stuff that viewers would find funny are things that actually happen to me while faxing. 24,905,804,958 error messages, the cancel button ignoring me pressing it repeatedly like a sewing machine needle and continuing to redial despite the fact that it's obviously not going through. But, in all seriousness, it has actually been a great learning experience for me. In my opinion, one of the best ways to learn something is to be thrown into the fire. Before I came I was moderately computer savvy, or so I thought, but now if something technical goes down if I don't know how to do it I need to find someone who does or find some way to fix it. I feel like I have learned a lot of helpful things that I can use at home for troubleshooting or when the same problem happens here I can do it within minutes.

I love living so close to work now! If I am waiting for the train 25 minutes before work starts, I don't freak out because I know I'll make it. Astoria is like its own little New York City and it has so much stuff you almost don't need to come into the city.

I'm really excited for the new season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to start Thursday (the first of my many shows). I happened upon that show fall of 2005. I'm not sure if another show I was watching was used as a lead-in, but it started and I watched and loved it! I'm extremely excited for the fall line-up so that I can start watching all my shows again. Has it already been 4 or 5 months? It honestly seems like a few weeks ago I was watching the season finales. I think we're getting a DVR which will be the first time I can record shows during the season (at school I used good ol VHS and could, obviously, only do one at a time) so I can watch The Office AND Grey's Anatomy. My parents have one and I became reliant on it when I moved back home after graduation so I think it's a great investment. Plus, I want to give some of the new shows a try. OK, I better finish things up here.

1 comment:

scafidi said...

Dude, there haven't been any new Sunny... episodes in an entire fucking year. Way too long. But B-Mo bought the DVDs, so we've been binging the past couple days. Fucking spectacular show.

"I hate listening to people's dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, I just don't care."