Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Been So Long

I'm going to do it. I'm going to run a marathon. After watching my dad finish his 17th marathon at the Boston Marathon a couple weeks ago, I'm determined. It's something that anyone can do and I saw that people of different shapes and sizes were not only finishing it, but finishing with good times. My ultimate goal will be to run Boston (which my dad is, of course, stoked about and has guaranteed he will run at my pace whatever that may be). I have a 16 week training plan. I'm going to do the first week for the next few weeks since I can't start it until then. I'm feeling better on my runs, but a part of me is still thinking "Okay this is four miles, how am I going to do another 22?!" I'm scared of being bored for the 26.2 miles. I picked out the Hartford Marathon since I will be out of town for the NYC Marathon.

No comments: